Re: Questions on Coil performance

Original poster: "Gregory Hunter by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>

I have witnessed this phenomenon twice--where
increasing the input current actually decreased the
output streamers. In both cases it was due to spark
gap heating and power arcing. A gap that performs well
at 30ma input may have trouble quenching 60ma. Just a
theory. So what kind of spark gap are you using?

Cheers,

Greg
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/greg