Re: magnetically quenched gaps

Original poster: "Ben McMillen by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <spoonman534-at-yahoo-dot-com>

I'll have to argue here.. I've taken apart newer drives and
they do in fact have the magnets.. larger double height
drives (the older ones) often had stepper motor
arrangements for head movement.. in the end it's all just
luck of the draw.. some have them, some don't..

Coiling In Pittsburgh
Ben McMillen