Re: Magnifier information

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br>

Tesla list wrote:

<Michael.Day-at-USPTO.GOV>

> Greetings,
>
> Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/ provides
> substantial information w/rt magnifiers.  Also, see U.S. patent No.
> 4,833,431 which provides specific values for a magnifier, and several papers
> on high-voltage transformer designs.  McDonnell Douglas Corp. thought enough
> Bieniosek's magnifier design to obtain a patent.  Note that the patent has
> expired and is now in the public domain.  I still wonder McDonnell Douglas
> Corp. was up to, and just how good of a design is disclosed.  The primary
> capacitance is a mere 0.2 micro F, and K is given to be a whopping 0.675,
> (read high rep-rate with rapid power transfer).   Ouch!  Quench that gap!

This example is for the fastest mode, that results in the design
formulas:
w0^2*L1*C1=33/72=0.458333333333333
w0^2*L2*C2=4/9=0.444444444444444
w0^2*L3*C3=1/4=0.25
K12^2=     15/33=0.454545454545455
L2/L3=     15/18=0.833333333333333
Note that a capacitance (C2) in parallel with the secondary coil is
required. The system oscillates at 3 frequencies, w0, 2w0, and 3w0
rads/s
during the energy transfer process, that takes just one cycle.
My magnifier page is at:
http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/tesla/magnifier.html

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz