Re: Wimhurst powered TC?

Hi Adam,

The key here is "power".  You could get a high voltage if you turn it long
enough, but the RMS current is "very low".  There would also probably be big
inefficiencies in the "system".  You "can" do it, but it would far pale in
comparison to our light-dimming fuse-blowing NST versions...

Those spinning glass disks are simply no comparison to those iron cored
transformers plugged into the wall...

Cheers,

        Terry