Re: Brass tubing

Original poster: "BunnyKiller by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bigfoo39-at-telocity-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

>Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<Dan_Gallagher%PULSARNOTES-at-pulsartech-dot-com>

>Hey folks,
>
>Someone mentioned that brass tubing could be used for a primary. I have
>lots of hollow 3/8" brass tubing in 10' lengths.
>
>It doesn't seem too flexible though. Can I just bend it around something
>without kinking it or is copper that much more maleable?
>
>Thanks a lot for all the great info. With all your help I should be able to
>make a successful attempt at a TC.
>
>Boy wasn't that Ripley's stunt brief, my wife stepped out of the room for a
>moment and totally missed it. She and my daughter get so scared when I show
>them the pictures of you guys' coils on the web and I say "I'll be making
>one of those".
>
>Dan
>Ft. Lauderdale

Hi Dan..

copper tubing is the better material for primary coils...   brass is too
brittle for the application but it could be used for the spark gap :) ...

hmmm   I thought an 8" coil was going to be my largest one ... but I
guess I was wrong, I went to a 12" secondary, I'd go bigger but lifting
a 100+ lb secondary and toroid assembly into place onto the primary base
is a bit out of my backs capacities ;) ...........

Scot D

ohh  BTW

check out this page for pics of the BIGPIG Coil

http://members.telocity-dot-com/~bigfoo39/