From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Thursday, May 09, 2002 4:12 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: RE: Grim Safety Reminder

Original poster: "David Thomson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<dave-at-volantis-dot-org>

>The utility shut it off soon, but then when they turned it back on, it made
a plasma blue fireball about 6 to 8 ft. in daimeter with a noise like a
small atomic bomb!

I too have seen one of these 6 to 8ft diameter plasma blue fireballs.  I was
walking along a highway in the fall and noticed a branch had fallen off a
tree and extended across all three 14KV power lines.  The branch was
sparking at the two outer lines.  I was standing directly underneath looking
up.  Since this was directly in front of a fuel storage company, I went in
to tell the lady at the desk to have the power company shut off the main
power before the lines blew.  She scoffed at me.  I said "OK, It's not my
fuel company." and opened the door to leave.  Just as I opened the door I
heard the loud explosion and happened to be looking at the line.  This was
broad daylight but the blue plasma ball was quite bright and well defined.
What caught my interest though was that the explosion occurred midway
between poles.  One half of one wire immediately fell to the ground, the
other wire remained suspended in the air while the blue plasma ball raced
toward one of the telephone poles.

Looking around at the lady behind the counter, she immediately said, "OK,
I'm calling them now."  I can remember thinking very critically about her
judgment.

Somehow the line managed to reach the ground nearly directly below the
explosion.  Within a few feet of where I was standing the sand and gravel
had fused into glass.

I had missed my departure flight from this world by about 70 seconds.

Dave