RE: nitrogen laser triggered gap

Hi Colin,

At 06:24 PM 5/10/2002 +0100, you wrote:
>If you want the entire series of SciAm Amateur Scientist columns on-line
>then look no further than
>
>http://www.tinkersguild-dot-com/cgi-bin/SoftCart.100.exe/index.html?L+scstore+cp
>jj9063ff5a1f5a+1021060280
>
>This also comes with a lot of other useful stuff including the full set of
>"The Amateur Astronomer" articles and also a copy of   the excellent
>"Procedures in Experimental Physics"
>
>In terms of amount of practical info / $ this is without a doubt the best
>$49 I've ever spent!
>
>Colin.

In my youth, I used to go to the library and spend days poring through
those old magazines reading the Armature Scientist articles.  Great to know
it is much easier now :-))

I do note that I never saw a Tesla coil in the amateur Scientist column.  =:O
They had electrostatic generators and such, but never a Tesla coil.  I was
wondering if I just missed it?  I seem to remember C.L. Strong had a book
with one in them (that was impossible to find).

Cheers,

	Terry