Re: Grim Safety Reminder

I have seen, off 11kvac (RR Catenary,) sustained arcs to
3 feet or so.  Pans were faulty, would rise, then drop, pulling the
arc out.  My Aunt & Uncle were hiking a power line, saw an arc
to pine tree.  Being Good Doobies, they noted the pole number,
called it in.  Power Co said 'thanks.  Good to know where.  We've
been hunting that one but could not find it.  Too intermittent.

Common cause is 'switching surge', which can put a megavolt spike
on a 200kv line: these travel until dissipated, OR they find a
point to spark over.   Or lightning can do the same.

best
  dwp

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "John H. Couture by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <couturejh-at-mgte-dot-com>