Re: HV & ballasts

So... Doing a bit of research on magnetic ballasts, it appears that there
may be a huge supply of these...There's a federal law mandating replacement
of old style ballasts...

Anyone know what the internal circuitry looks like?  I suspect they have a
capacitor in them for PFC.  How does the rapid start thing work (HV pulse
to strike the tube...)