What am I doing wrong with this power supply?

Original poster: "David Thomson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dave-at-volantis-dot-org>

I've got a 14KV potential transformer, designed for testing high voltage
lines.  The primary is the high voltage end and the secondary is connected to a
meter.  That's the normal operation.  I'm trying to feed the low voltage end
with 120V up to 20amp to get the high voltage, high current for my Tesla coil.
I've got about 15mH 20 amp worth of inductors connected in series with one of
the feed lines to the transformer.  The spark gap will pop, but it won't fire.
What am I doing wrong here?

Dave