Re: nitrogen laser triggered gap

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Mark Fergerson by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mfergerson1-at-cox-dot-net>

> Tesla list wrote:
> >
> > Original poster: "bob golding by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
> <yubba-at-clara-dot-net>
> >
> > hi terry,
> >   I did the same right up till i got the cd set. funny i havent looked
> > at  them much now i know i have them. always used to worry the library
> > would decide to throw out all this "old junk" in favour of  "computer
> > weekly" or something. I don't think i ever saw a Tesla coil  project but
> > there was something using an induction coil for a power supply i seem to
> > recall.
>
>   That would be the DIY X-ray machine. SciAm sure doesn't
> dare print anything like that nowadays.
>
>   Mark L. Fergerson

	Unfortunately, that last sentence is a vast understatement.  Scientific
American has eliminated the Amateur Scientist and Mathematical
Recreations departments and has been dumbed down to about the technical
level of the National Enquirer!!!!!

	Plans for that little X-Ray machine are available over the web.
Probably find it through the Society of Amateur Scientists web site.
It used a classic "kicker coil" and some old receiving tubes which are
not regularly available any more.

Ed