Re: srsg setup probs

In a message dated 5/12/02 1:53:23 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

Colin,

Well if the caps can't charge fully at 400 bps, then it's
only natural that they would charge to a higher voltage
at 200 bps, which would require making the safety gaps
wider.  I don't see any mystery here.  If you want the
voltage to remain lower at 200 bps, then you can use
a larger capacitor value.   I'm not sure what you mean
about flicking on the power a few times.  Are you sure
your gap motor is not a hysteresis type which locks
at a different phase position each time it's started?
This would cause the system to behave differently every
time it's started.  Flicking the power on/off a number of
times may be finding a better phase position for the
rotary.

Cheers,
John