HV resistors needed?

Original poster: "Jonathan Peakall by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jpeakall-at-madlabs.info>

Hi All,

I am making a full wave tripler, and I will be feeding it with a 15/60 NST. I
need to drop the current so I don't blow my diodes, and calculations indicate
that a value of 5-10 mOhms is about right. My question is, can I get away with
some arrangement of "ordinary" resistors of sufficient wattage? The resistors
and the whole assembly will be under oil. Actual HV didoes are spendy, so I'm
trying to avoid them.

Thanks!

Jonathan Peakall