Re: srsg setup probs

Colin,

You touched on something rarely talked about. Just like the main spark
gap, when a safety gap fires, there
are ions floating around between electrodes which naturally lowers the
arc voltage of the safety gap to
some degree. This might be problematic if the safety gap is set slightly
above the spark gap voltage, and
may naturally cause us to widen the safety gap wider than we should.
FWIW, I position my safety gap in
line with my srsg so the natural air currents help clear out ions at the
safety gap. Might as well take
advantage of circulating air currents when you can to maintain some
consistency.

Take care,
Bart

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "colin.heath4 by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <colin.heath4-at-ntlworld-dot-com>