Re: oil dielectric

> Paul: before oil burns you must reach the flash point temprature.

> If your oil is cool enough to handle you are well below this temp.

	Suppose the coil is running.
	Suppose the coil arcs over, in an unexpected way.
	Suppose the arc hits the oil.
	Suppose (since its an insulator) the oil gets a breakdown
	UNDER it.  Now the arc is in the oil.
	(hint:
	This is why oils became unpopular in HV gear:
		When something went wrong, the arc lit the oil.)

> I am sure a thermocouple could be added to cut off the power if

>the oil  starts to heat.

	Heating by submerged arc, or arc to spilt oil is way
	fater than a thermocouple.

>>Yes there is a small risk. Life is a risk. The most dangerous

>>thing we do is take a bath,

> Interesting, how is a bath dangerous?

	Drown.  Slip and fall.
	(I suspect other things, eg auto accidents are more
	dangerous than baths.)

> but we risk this to remain social.  Nothing in the TC world is

>without risk.

	Indeed.  But we can trimt he odss, and be aware of what
	the risks ARE.  (and, i suspect, if Tesla Coils were as
	widespread as bathtubs....)

	best
	dwp