Bourdon Tube [Re: oil dielectric]

> While my spelling is poor My french is bad. The bourdeau tube

	I believe the appropriate reference is to Bourdon Tube.

	The basic Bourdon Tube is a sealed, semi circular (270
	degrees or so tube used to measure pressure (stay with
	me...).  Increase in pressure causes the tube to
	try to uncoil, a little, which can actuate a switch,
	pointer etc.  IF attached to a sealed bulb, container,
	etc, will implicitly indicate temperature, if temperature
	causes the fluid to expand, creating pressure.

> thermo switch uses the expansion of a liquid inside a tube to

>trip a switch. This thermo-mechanical system is not subject to

>EMP, static, or current.

	Indeed.  Alternates include bimetal arrangements, recycled
	thermostats for room heating or air conditioning, etc.

	In any case, my principal concern was not so much
	systematic, dissipation driven heating to ignition as
	stray sparks/arcs, under fault conditions (eg leaks,
	cracked) etc.

	best
	dwp