RE: Re: Large ferrite cores for SSTC work

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rob-at-pythonemproject-dot-com>

I usually think of these circuits in terms of transmitter and antenna.  In
fact I have a very large coil wound out of 1/4" tubing.  It resonates at
1.8Mhz.  If I put an SWR meter between it and my 3kW (Eimac 8877) linear
amplifier, I get the most output when SWR is low.  In this case I feed the
rf in via a tap one or two turns up.  Rob.

ps. this setup runs CW.  If I modulate the RF using AM, I can talk into the
mike, and the big purple flame at the top of coil acts like a speaker :)
Just like in Biblical times