disintegration

>>The molecular movement he is referring to is particle bombardment.

>     How?
>     The oil is in the center of the coil.
>     Field in there is minimal.

> Apologies, i was speaking in general terms not specific to a Tesla coil.
> I have read about a group of experiments done in partial vacuum

	Tesla?
	Experiments with Currents of ????

	The operative word is partial vacuum.  I suggest behavior
	in air (or oil) is very different.

>>If the coil was in a partial vaccum it would quickly
>>disintegrate.

> Apologies again, still speaking of the previously mentioned
> experiment. In the experiment, materials such as ruby crystal,
> tungsten, and zirconimum were made to throw off particles.
> Atoms remaining in the partial vacuum are caused be attracted
> and then repelled from the above mentioned elements. Tesla
> referred to them as tiny hammers.

	Modern materials have varying characteristics.
	Might run into the above problems in that case.
	On the other hand, eg, 'partial vacuum' in a neon
	light does not seem ot lead to the light or electrodes
	'rapidly disintegrating', tho there is some loss.
	Arguably, the stresses in the discharge area of a
	coils are different.  It's not clear from my reading
	of Tesla whether

		The 'disintegration' would occur when NOT

		working with discharges.
	or
		Whether discharges would be useful or desirable
		to any particular use of the Coil system.

	It appears Tesla was trying to find an alternative to
	the filament type lamp, an alternative more suited
	to the hypothetical single wire (or wireless) system.

	best
	dwp