Re: oil dielectric

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Xyme3-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 05/15/2002 6:05:13 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

> I don't know about that.  I've tried touching the outside of my jacketed
> coil and got an instant spiderweb of streamers all around the periphery of
> the coil.  Just because it's insulated doesn't mean there is no induction.
> I don't think the electronics feeding the thermocouple could survive more
> than a second of operation.
> Dave

I suppose they use electronic thermocouples, however i was
referring to the bimetalic thermocouple, in which two strips of
metal twisted together change shape when exposed to heat.
Paul