Re: disintegration

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Xyme3-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 05/17/2002 2:24:29 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

>     Modern materials have varying characteristics.
>     Might run into the above problems in that case.
>     On the other hand, eg, 'partial vacuum' in a neon
>     light does not seem ot lead to the light or electrodes
>     'rapidly disintegrating',

tho there is some loss.

True enough about the neon signs
" The body was evaporated or, generally speaking, disintergrated- meaning by
the latter term not only the throwing off of atoms, but likewise large lumps."
"In a highly exhausted bulb, electricity is carried off from the electrodes by
independent carriers, which are partly the atoms, or molecules of the residual
atmosphere, and partly the atorms, molecules, or lumps thrown off from the
electrode" Nikola

>     Arguably, the stresses in the discharge area of a
>     coils are different.  It's not clear from my reading
>     of Tesla whether
>
>         The 'disintegration' would occur when NOT
>
>         working with discharges.
>     or
>         Whether discharges would be useful or desirable
>         to any particular use of the Coil system.

Disruptive discharge from a particular type coil was
used in the experiments. High potential currents
and alterations of 10,000 per second,
to cause partical bombardment in a partially
evacuated tube.

>     It appears Tesla was trying to find an alternative to
>     the filament type lamp, an alternative more suited
>     to the hypothetical single wire (or wireless) system.

> dwp

I think you are correct, however in his search he discovered charged
particles. Charged particles can be manupilated by electromagnets,
and accoustic resonance.
Paul