Re: SRSG timing & other Q's

In a message dated 5/21/02 9:17:05 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Has anyone else had this problem setting up their gap?
> this is my first one for these so im not really experienced.  Im pretty sure
> that i just need the cradle.  Heres a question thats been bothering me: how
> precise does the alignment have to be??!!  Because there is a small area of
> setting in which the gap will fire on and off at random, but i can never get
> it to be remotely continous.

Steve,

Usually folks don't run the gap that way, rather they have
the secondary in place.  The alignment should be within a few
degrees of optimal.  Also, the gap should be very narrow for
the rotary, about 0.010" to 0.020" or so.

Cheers,
John