Variac for my TC

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Dan_Gallagher%PULSARNOTES-at-pulsartech-dot-com>

Hi folks,
It was recommended to me to use a variac at least for the first fire up.
I've decided I would like to own one instead of borrowing one from work.

Do any of you have any suggestions on obtaining one? I've found a supplier
in the midwest that can sell me a 0-140vac/10A panel mounted variac for
$110 new. I was thinking about a panel mounted one so I can put it in a
cool old-looking case with a nice large analog meter, switch, fuse holder
and whatever else "sparks" my fancy. Oh geez I've been hanging with you
guys too long already 8>) , seriously though, I am quite the antigue
instrumentation connoisseur. You should see inside my house, with old
radios, vtvm's etc. There's even an ancient tectronix vac. tube scope (a
huge thing). So all things Tesla really fit perfectly.

I appreciate your input greatly.

Dan
Ft. Lauderdale