Re: Variable Capacitance and Inductance

Hi Jan, Dave,

Regarding the box experiment. If the cap is in a sealed box, it is still
susceptible to temp
variations of the boxes surroundings. The capacitance "will" change as the
box is exposed to
various locations. I suspect temperature and humidity are the key players
for these changes in
capacitance. Recently I've taken measurements of my main cap, and the main
cap has changed by a
factor of ~4nF. What was measured at 61nF grew to 65nF (same meter and
leads) taken one day
following a 2 day cycle of rain (it's possible the meter is the one
affected?). Possibly premature,
but I feel the increase in humidity has affected the cap by way of the
objects around it, and those
objects were affected by the rain and temp. Unfortunately, I didn't see the
capacitance change
coming and therefore didn't log humidity or temp data to coincide.

Take care,
Bart

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "David Thomson by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dave-at-volantis-dot-org>