Re: Variable Capacitance and Inductance

Hi Dave:

> Hi Terry,

>>>Tesla is also saying that the measured capacitance will change

>>>over time, regardless of which method of measurement or

>>>calculation is used.

>>"i" would disagree that a sphere's capacitance inside a metal

>>shell will change anymore than a capacitors's value will

>> change for no apparent external reason.  If the fields are

>> not affected, the capacitance will not be affected.

> Since Tesla was saying the sun and moon affect the capacitance

> and inductance,

	How was this effect caused?
	Has anyone else demonstrated it?

> he must

	How do we know What he 'must' have been referring to.

> have been referring to their electromagnetic fields.

> In addition, since he mentions direct sunlight also affects

> capacitance, he must

	cf above.  Did Tesla say:

> also be referring to some kind of photoelectric effect

> (i.e. sun heating

	Heating is not generally considered a 'photoelectric'
	effect.

> the copper or photons being absorbed by the copper.)

	Or humidity being driven in and out of the frame
	(if wood)
	(which inductors was he using?)
	(or of any of his test equipment.)

> It would still be worthwhile to electrostatically shield a

> capacity and measure the effect of a magnetic field upon it.

	Check NIST papers,  Likely been done.

	best
	dwp