Re: Variable Capacitance and Inductance

Original poster: "rob by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rob-at-pythonemproject-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

cut
> However, we are not "defenseless" ;-))  Programs like E-Tesla6, TSSP's
> Tcap, and the new fastTesla can meet the challenge of finding a 30 inch
> sphere's capacitance at various elevations.  The testing of that computed
> data can be compared to real modern measurements easily enough:

cut

Actually, fastTesla/fasthenry won't do capacitance.  FastCap does that,
and I haven't gotten around to using it yet.  However, I plan on
including the ground plane line in my fastTesla program.  That does
change the inductance of a coil, just like ground effects alter the near
field and thus resonance of an antenna.  Rob.
--
The Numeric Python EM Project

www.pythonemproject-dot-com