Re: Potential Transformer on Ebay- Heads Up.

Original poster: "S.Gaeta by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <sgtporky-at-prodigy-dot-net>

Hi Rick,

You've made a decimal error. Its 104mA.
These fall in a catagory in the middle of NSTs and pigs. Like pigs, they are
not internally ballasted, so you need to use some form of external current
limiting. Notice the NSTs in the ebay photo with the outputs shorted? He is
using them as ballasts.

While not as powerful, these do not resemble distribution transformers, and
they weigh a lot less, so a spouse or parent might not be as likely to throw
you out of the house if you show up with one! Instead of oil, they are
insulated, and encased with epoxy. The turns ratio is much more accurate
than an NST, so they are excellent to use for their intended purpose of
measuring high voltage AC. Be careful with them, they can kill you as dead
as a pig can! It might not make as big of a mess, but dead is still dead
nonetheless!

Cheers,
Sue