Re: Wet Coils & nanohenry measurement resolution

Original poster: "Scott Hanson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <huil888-at-surfside-dot-net>

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
To: <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Sent: Sunday, May 26, 2002 10:50 AM
Subject: RE: Wet Coils

> Original poster: "David Thomson by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dave-at-volantis-dot-org>

> I left the wet towel on the coil all night.  This morning the >inductance
is 4.59mH.  My estimate previously of the 10 to >90 nanohenry drift should
have been 1 to 9 nanohenry. The >total drift after 10 hours with a wet towel
is about 20 >nanohenry.
> Dave

Dave -

Specifically, what inductance measuring instrument are you using that
provides nano-henry resolution? Aside from best-of-technology instruments
like the HP (now Agilent) 4284A Precision LCR Meter (~$14,000), I know of
very few instruments providing reliable resolution in the nano-henry range.

Scott Hanson