Re: 220V transformers on 120V?

Original poster: "Gregory Hunter by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hi Ian,

To answer your questions: yes and yes. 2:1
transformers are not hard to find. New ones are a bit
over priced, but surplus ones are pretty cheap. I gave
$50 for a collection of six well used 240:120
transformers of various sizes when I lived in the UK.
I ran my whole household with them. I think I only
have one left that accidentally got packed up with my
household goods when I relocated to the US.

Regards,

Greg
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/greg