Re: 220V transformers on 120V?

Original poster: "Marry Krutsch by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <u236-at-earthlink-dot-net>

Hi Ian.

	I don't know much about 555 circuits, but how are you measuring the
transistor output?  If you're using a scope on the transistor output
(essentially no load on the transistor), you may get funny readings.
This has happened to me before.  I was running on 12VDC.  I put a 50 ohm
resistor across the transistor (output to ground), and then got a good
square wave on the scope.  You don't need the resistor if you're driving
a "real" load, of course.  Just a thought.

Winston