1600 turns

Original poster: "Loudner, Godfrey by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <gloudner-at-SINTE.EDU>

I removed a tube from a machine that makes distilled water. The tube specs
are 24" long, 4 & 15/16" outside diameter, 1/8" thick wall, open at each
end, and made of white, translucent plastic. I'm thinking about making a
1600 turn tesla coil secondary using #28 magnet wire. The flat primary will
be made with 1/4" soft copper refrigeration tubing. Can someone tell me what
are the advantages of the 1600 turn thing over the classic 1000 turns? With
a 10 LB spool of #28 wire and the tube on hand, I might as well go ahead.
What is the maximum kVA transformer I should use in the power supply?

Godfrey Loudner