mini-tc charmed

Original poster: "Matt Skidmore by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <fox-at-woozle-dot-org>

I finally got a temperary rig of my mini-tc working. im so happy. my first
run last night didnt produce any results. heres some specs

secondary
1 15/16" outer diam
9.5" wound
30 gauge magwire
pvc with a smooth-as-glass epoxy coat
the ends of the pvc have been sanded down and wrapped with aluminum tape
to which the wire connects to. i then have end caps that have aluminum
tape that contacts the secondary.
final design

primary
12 gauge house wire
3" inner diam
1/4" spacing
tapped a bit after the second turn
temp rig

transformer
4000v at 30 ma

cap
glass caps made by plastic capacitor
3000v at .1 uf
had 2 in series for .05 uf with no results
now have 4 in series for .025 uf close to ltr

i was getting 3"+ out of it.. multiple streamers off a tinfoil ball. im
pleased. hopefully ill get some pics of it soon along with a new primary.
then ill put it all together in one rig. also the caps work fairly well,
only getting a bit warm.

-Fox