doubler caps

Original poster: "Steven Ward by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <srward16-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Hello,

I starting my dual 304TL VTTC project, and was looking around a suitable
caps to double the 2400v of the MOT.  I found some motor RUN caps at USA
manufacturing.  They were 2300v or a little more, and around .8uf ( i can
remember exactly).  But they seemed to basically be MO caps,  so will they
work for my doubler circuit?  They are very cheap ($1 each).  That is why
im attracted to them, most other places want $16 for MO caps.  I cant
easily find ovens around here so i need to buy some caps.  So will these
work?  If so i may as well buy a few of them for other uses.  Please let me
know what you think.  Also, will IN4007  1amp 1kv doides linked up to about
15 in series work ok for the doubling circuit?  I have these on hand and
dont want to buy a MO diode.  It should give me a 15kv at 1 amp diode which
sounds like a beefy microwave oven doide, so will it work? Thanks.

Steve Ward.