Re: Tesla Coil Tricks

Original poster: "Brett Miller by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <brmtesla-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hello Dan,

There's always frying compact disks.  Either place one
so it's hanging directly off the toroid (as a breakout
point) or suspend a grounded CD within striking range
of the streamers.  The arcs will displace the aluminum
on the CD, leaving transparent plastic underneath
(that is if your coil output doesn't melt the plastic
too!) and it can be examined by spectators afterward.

-Brett