Re: measuring secondary parasitic capacitance?

Hi Larry,

In step with actual measurement, "you" would be the best one to estimate
the capacitance because you know your secondary specs and misc. data. I
encourage you to give FANTC a try.

http://www.classictesla-dot-com/fantc/fantc.html

In case you or anyone else is assuming FANTC is just another java
calculator, here are a few comments I hope encourages you and others:

Greg Leyh wrote:
"I tried out the stats for the final design set on Electrum. The FANTC
program seems to have hit it spot on... certainly well within the error
bars of my actual measurements"

Bert Hickman wrote:
"This is one accurate and very POWERFUL program - congratulations Bart and
Paul!"

Terry Fritz wrote:
"This is WONDERFUL!!!"

We did have issues to fix at the time besides positive comments, but mostly
browser issues (many we just don't have control over). Patience is needed
while FANTC does it's thing, but the wait is well worth the accuracy
attained. So again, I encourage you (and everyone) to use FANTC. It's a
brand new TC tool, and one that has been needed for a long, long, long
time. It's in an on-line format so that all have access to it regardless of
platform. Because of this, it's not compiled and slower than one may wish,
but that's the price we pay to make it available to "everyone". Your
question on estimation is just one of many areas where FANTC can help.
Although I am obviously trying to get the word out about FANTC, I also
believe it's the program which will provide the best estimate.

Take care,
Bart