Re: Streamer records

Hi Mike,

On 4 Nov 2002, at 8:17, Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "Mike by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<megavolts61-at-yahoo-dot-com>

 > The numbers here are just pulled from memory, so
 > forgive ;-))
 >
 > Cheers,
 >
 >           Terry
 >
 > I don't know for sure, but I'm betting no one has
 > beaten Tesla's record yet.
 > Mike

I think you can be reasonably well assured that they have. Tesla's
own words in the CSN show that his point to point discharges were
about 30' or so. He did speculate that if the curls in the sparks
were unravelled, one might measure 150' if one measured from the tip
of a spark on one side of the coil to the tip of a spark on the
opposite side (which is a far cry from a point-to-point discharge).
O'Neill obviously didn't read the Notes carefully enough when writing
his biography. A more searching analysis of this claim was made by
Richard Hull in his excellent "Guide To The Colorado Springs Notes".
One cannot escape the limitations of the dimensions of the room in
which the magnifying transmitter was housed. It is ironic that it has
been others who have made these grandiose claims and not Tesla
himself.

Regards,
Malcolm