Re: LTR vs Resonance Pri cap...

Original poster: "robert heidlebaugh by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rheidlebaugh-at-desertgate-dot-com>

The secondary is a coil. when you put a capacitor across it it can resonate.
If the resonant frequency and your firing rate or secondary are the same the
resonant voltage can swing way beyond the insulation strength of the wire
and burn out the transformer so using a capacitor larger than this prevents
a smoked project to some degree.
   Robert  H