Re: Transformerless TC Math/ Determining L2 from fixed L1 and Av?

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br>

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "Jolyon Vater Cox by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jolyon-at-vatercox.freeserve.co.uk>

 > With regard to the Transformerless TC is it OK to specify a value of Av and
 > use formula
 > L2 = L1*Av^2-L1 to determine appropriate value of L2 for ANY value of L1?

Yes. If Av is greater than ~5 there is no reason to pursuit one of the
optimal relations for complete energy transfer.
I prefer to compute L1 instead of L2, since L2 is more difficult to
make. I also let C2 to be adjusted, for the same reason.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz