calculating inductive factor for c cores

Original poster: "Justin Wright by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <justin-at-tracesofnut-dot-com>

Hi All,

I have some C Cores which I might like to rewind as HV transformers.

How do I calculate the how much power a core can handle.  Can I get an
inductive factor from the core size and then work out the maximum
current it will allow?

Also, is it a good idea to have the primary and secondary separate from
each the, rather than the secondary over the top of the primary?

Lastly, what is the approximate breakdown voltage of the enamel coating
on magnet wire?

Regards,

Justin.