Re: Coil Pictures :-)

Original poster: "Winston Krutsch by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <u236-at-earthlink-dot-net>

Hi All (Again),

	The system was my old 6" cobble up, running a 0.1 uF cap, 46 uH
primary, and a 60 mH 1300 turn secondary with 20 pF of top capacitance.
The Fres was about 110 kHz.  It was running at 1800VA from two seriesed
H&R xfmrs (2700V -at- 330 mA).  John's formula predicts a 9 foot spark
here, so my five footers aren't very impressive.  The gap is a single
static sucker gap with a BIG 240v, 6A blower running full speed, and
yes, that IS a sticker on the top, sealed in under the epoxy coats.  It
may not look like it, but I had tons of trouble with this coil, and am
building a new one.

	The wierd spark pic I spoke of is:

www.hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/strange__arc1.jpg

Thanks,