mini coil update

Original poster: "Steven Ward by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <srward16-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Hello,

I have now finished the coil to the point of where i want it.  I love
having a coil that only weighs about 10 pounds!  So finishing it didnt
really give any better sparks than when in lash up mode.  I would have to
say that my maximum lenght is 12".  I think that this is the longest arc so
far for the competition using the France 4020SE.  I should be able to get
pics soon but im not sure.  Also, i completed the 5 minute run!  It really
seemed like forever!  The transformer coils were hot, the core warm.  The
caps were cold as far as i could tell.  The spark gap wasnt as hot as i
expected.  The wiring got a little warm.  This little coil is really nice
to have around.
I cant always run the big coil because i have to go outside with it.  And
the VTTCs are fun but i still like the convetional coil.  So this little
guy hits the spot!  I cant wait to give my anatomy class (i know, has
nothing to do with electricity, but the teacher wants to see it) a cool
little demonstration with the mini coil, and my VTTCs.  The specs are the
same as i gave in my previous email.  If anyone has questions about
specifics, let me know!

Steve Ward.