Re: Grounded Gas Line Re:3/4, 1/4,or 3/4 copper tubing?...

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "Harold Weiss by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <hweiss-at-new.rr-dot-com>

 > Hi Scott,
 >
 > In clearification on the grounded gas line, it is connected to the
 > electrical ground which is also connected to the water pipe.  Looking at
 > this, I think it was done as a lightning protection method.  It was
 > installed when the house was built.  It could be local code, but I still
 > don't like the idea of any voltage on that pipe.
 >
 > David E Weiss

	Around here (LA area) the gas company came through a while back and
replaced a lot of metal gas pipe with plastic, presumably to get less
pressure drop or something like that.  Really disappointing as a ground!

Ed