RE: any eta on Geek group caps?

>Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H by way of Terry Fritz
><twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

>of being penalized and having your order being switched to a lower priority.

Not at all, people ask all the time, and I have yet to drop someone in the
processing list. I have, on several occasions bumped little orders up (*
Explained below) but have never dropped one. The reason for that statement
is that I don't appreciate people emailing me every other day asking where
there caps are. It still happens (especially with the high-school kids), I
sit and patiently answer the emails, and go on with my day.

>This is the only known place to have this type of policy and in my opinion
>think its unacceptable.  If someone sends someone money for goods, they have
>every right to ask about the status of their order without worrying about
>penalties, even if they emailed the business asking for status 24 times per
>day.

AS of yet, noone has asked 24 times a day. Noone has ever been penalised
for asking (or whining, or b****ing) about their order, and I have sold
several thousands of caps with only a few mistakes (none of which cost a
customer a dime, ever). I have replaced caps that were lost in the mail on
both occasions at no cost to the customer (the most recent one costing me
over $240).

The statement on the website will be removed in the next update.

*- small order note.
We get orders for everything from 6 to 400 caps. Since I rarely (only if
asked) break orders into smaller pieces we often end up with the next order
needing 68 caps and we have 50 left. So I just go to the next order and
fill it. This is why if you order 10 caps you're much more likely to get
them sooner than someone who orders 60. The guy with 60 gets his in the
next shipment.

The more I deal with people, the more I like computers.

Christopher "Duck" Boden Geek#1
President / C.E.O. / Alpha Geek
The Geek Group
www.thegeekgroup-dot-org

Natives who beat drums to drive off evil spirits are objects of scorn to
smart Americans who blow horns to break up traffic jams.
     - Mary Ellen Kelly

It is odd, but on the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in
a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find
it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics.
     - Richard Feynman, 1918 - 1988

http://join.msn-dot-com/?page=features/junkmail