Re: FANTC Update to v1.1

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br>

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "Barton B. Anderson by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <tesla123-at-pacbell-dot-net>

 > FANTC can also be run on your pc without having to go online. Simply create
 > a new folder somewhere, download fantc.zip, and extract it inside the new
 > folder. Then simply run the file named fantc.html. Here's a link to the zip
 > file.
 > http://www.classictesla-dot-com/fantc/fantc_1.1.zip

This turns more practical an evaluation (and the file is quite small
:-)).
The software looks really impressive!
Since it calculates capacitances numerically, I am imagining that it
would not be difficult to include a breakdown voltage calculation,
by looking at the maximum electric field at the surfaces of the
elements. The program would then be able to predict the behavior
not only of Tesla coils, but of (single sparks in) several spark gap
configurations.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz