First light for the 3500 pound CLONE!

Original poster: "D.Wightman by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dwightman1-at-cox-dot-net>

After working out the usual bugs during any first light situation, Like
Kevin Eldridge lighting my rotary on fire!
We had a very much awaited first batch of hot power arcs erupt from the top
load., We stop the coil and retap the primary at turn 8.5, Reset the
primary tank incomming voltage to 165 volts to the pigs, And drive in a few
more turns of inductance with the variac stack, And throw the switch!
OMG!!! Keep in mind now, we are on the floor of the building about 15 to 17
feet from this thing and now it is power arcing to the door, to the
cieling, and at random was jumping to the long red colored metal support
"I" beams, which are 15 feet from the coils wrath. The arcs are real hot,
almost a white to blue white color.Suddenly there is a real strange sound,
it's eating the 8 foot flourescent lamp fixture just above it. As one of
the tubes ruptures raining down glass.  I look up from hiding behind a
power controller and see the white hot power arcing now just roasting the
lamp fixtures newly exposed sockets! Thats it , it's going down the power
lines now, I am thinking.You will notice in the pics that we chicken wired
the lamp afterwards, but still haven't gotten the lamp bits from atop the
torroid. All of a sudden the breaker trips at 100 amps for now! Whew, what
a great run....Lets re-group and get some pics of this thing..
Primary trensformer is (2) 14,400 single bushing pigs wired parallel,
series ,out of phase. Trans ratio is 130 to 1.
165 vac to tank equals  21450vac to tank, Wonder what will happen when we
turn the trans primary incomming volts to 300?
Oh well not in this building.
Caps are sangamo, .185uf at 60kv each. Yes the big ones, the quarter
crushers. Total measured cap is .188, we are running 10 of them in series,
They work just fantastic, If anyone was ever wondering.
Spark gap is syncronous, 120bps, 3600 rpm, 14 inch g-10 disk.....
Inductor is motorized stack of Stacco series 6000 auto transformers, Using
the first 7 of them wired in parallel from the top down.............
Pics are

<http://dave.golfbuddys-dot-com/dave/pics/clone/firstlight1.jpg>http://dave.golfbuddys-dot-com/dave/pics/clone/firstlight1.jpg
http://dave.golfbuddys-dot-com/dave/pics/clone/firstlight2.jpg
<http://dave.golfbuddys-dot-com/dave/pics/clone/firstlight3.jpg>http://dave.golfbuddys-dot-com/dave/pics/clone/firstlight3.jpg
http://dave.golfbuddys-dot-com/dave/pics/clone/firstlight4.jpg

think we  will rename the coil "BERTHA" And feed it television sets.......