Re: HV Meter - Not AC RMS?

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

 > Something doesn't sound right.  I currently have two (2) 60kV Electrostatic
 > voltmeters manufactured by Sensitive Research
 > and both on the terminals on the unit and in the operators manual it states
 > this meter can only measure DC or PEAK AC.
 > No where does it say it can measure RMS AC.  Here is a picture of one of the
 > units I own.
 >
 > http://users.snip-dot-net/~liche/electrostatic.jpg
 >
 > Am I missing something here???
 >
 > Dan

Dan:

	Over 50 years ago I used one of those Sensitive Research voltmeters to
measure the output of HV power supplies for CRT displays, but never had
occasion to try it for AC, and never had an instruction book.  Can you
quote that part of the instruction book where it describes "this meter
can only measure DC or PEAK AC"?  I can't see how it could measure PEAK
AC and still give the reults you report in your later post.  If it would
indicate peak AC it  would indicate RMS as will.  I can't see how any
electromechanical device could measure peak...

Ed