Re: Holed SRSG disc ..was First light at 4500VA

Original poster: "J Dow by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jdowphotography-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Scot D, All-
I though of using a 60hz solenoid with a needle or really pointy sharp
tungsten bit or rod attached. The solenoid would move the needle to contact
a plate. The whole thing would be under high presser mineral oil.
If I ever get the chance I'll try it. I've had discussions about this on
the list before. But it always seemed just a bit out of reach. The oil
would heat up or be contaminated or cavitations would be an issue.
The idea was to cut down on losses associated with gap firing.
We will see.

Read you later
Josh