Re: red 304TL

Original poster: "Steven Ward by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <srward16-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Hello Claude,

Actully i looked at your project extensively (on Trimmels page).  Im using
about 2uf of doubler capacitance.  My tank cap is only 1000pf.  I try to
keep the plate as cool as i can.  And yes, the 18" is with quick bursts of
power.  I think at most i hit up to 100v maybe(input that is).  Im still
waiting for the doubler MO caps in the mail.  Im using one MO cap with a
series of motor run caps.  Im currently exploring the staccato circuit as
im building it now.  I will have to say that your coil inspired me!  Your
sparks look amazing in my opinion!  As for transformer, its a 2100v MOT.
Unknown current.  I dont know the grid current either as i dont have the
metering to do so.  What is needed to measure grid current?  A DC MA meter?
I have some cheap DMMs that have dc ma selections  Will this work?  Im
guessing the potential on the ground side of the grid leak network is low?
And that is in fact where the measurement is taken correct?  Oh, and
Claude, one more question, do you happen to have or know of a source for
heatsinked plate connectors?  Im using a ceramic plate cap right now with a
small fan on it when i do crank it up.  Im sure the heatsink would
help...  Thanks,

Steve Ward.