Re: Ignitrons for sale

Tesla list wrote:

>Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
><Kidd6488-at-aol-dot-com>

>Hello everyone,

>        Can I ask, what is an ignatron?
         An ignitron.

         A web search on this spelling will be most productive.
         Roughly:
         a mercury vapor filled 'vacuum' tube, with many of
         the characteristics of an SCR.  Proceded SCRs by decades.

         There is a family of 'controlled rectifiers' called
         variously ignitrons, thyratrons, etc, with similar
         characteristics.  Some portion of the difference seems
         to be as much PR, Patent Lawyers, etc, as technology.

>---------------------------------------
>Jonathon Reinhart
>hot-streamer-dot-com/jonathon
>In a message dated 11/14/02 10:06:01 AM Eastern Standard Time,
>tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:
>
>>Chip
>>I have two ignatrons made by General Electric. One is a model #GL-7171.
>>It's a normal sized tube. The other is a monster model #GL-37207A.
>>Please pass on the info.
>>Thanks
>>Joe

         best