Re: MOT power supply

Original poster: "Tim J by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <digital_raven45-at-hotmail-dot-com>

yeah, I measured the no load current on ~120 VAC, the current draw was
5.33A, at 140 VAC, 4.573 A (secondary output was 2.95 kV)....
at 150 VAC...the current shot to 6.5A+ a clear indication of saturation.

As for the second post regarding MOT insulation failer at 2X output
voltage...its a rare occurance. Never happened to me. In fact, a number of
Tesla Coilers now opt for the 4 pack MOT supply...some, like me go higher
and test the MOT stack to the max. Right now, I can say without hesitation
that 4-6 in series gives pole pig results!...Ted L, Jwhyte, Andy K, ...and
lots of others have built the mean 6 pack machine without frying their
MOT's running the outer secondaries at 3X typical insulation rating.
...so MOT's are more durable than one might think.