Re: Argon or Xenon Bulbs Wanted

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Neonglo-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 11/17/02 9:25:22 PM Central Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

>Original poster: "harvey norris by way of Terry Fritz
><twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <harvich-at-yahoo-dot-com>
>
>I am looking for bulb manufacturers, to supply
>standard size straight tube sizes of 20-24 inch.
>Argon has more blue light than I would wish, and I was
>wondering if the xenon gives a better whitish blue
>light. Evidently some bulbs produce different colors
>by inside coatings on the glass? That starts to sound
>expensive, and I know gas bulbs are expensive to begin
>with, so I want to weigh the options. Havent checked
>EBAY yet for such an "off the wall" item. Gas bulbs
>are difficult to obtain locally in NE Ohio, and
>someday I hope to get into that business, but for now
>I would rather just play around with the pole pig
>bombarder I purchased. I am working on converting the
>house lighting to gas by the purchase of many of these
>efficient solid state neon transformers. I figure the
>cost savings over time vs conventional incadescent
>bulbs can justify the expenditure. Perhaps I am better
>off just using florescents to accomplish this?
>harvich-at-yahoo-dot-com

Hi Harvey, All,

I can make tubular gas discharge lamps in just about any length or
diameter, using any of the five stable noble gasses, helium, neon, argon,
krypton and xenon. None of these gasses are radioactive. I even make tubes
out of uranium glass, which is radioactive. I can also make mercury vapor
tubes. I offer clear lead and barium-strontium glass, as well as phosphor
coated tubes or even tubes made with colored glass. Prices for straight
tubes are very reasonable.

If you are looking for a noble gas that is almost whitish in color, I would
suggest krypton. In a low pressure tube, Kr is sort of a platinum white,
and much brighter than a pure argon tube. I sell a set of five 16" noble
gas tubes on eBay almost every week if you are interested in all the stable
noble gasses. I can also make these tubes to custom length. They can be
found here on eBay. Also check my other items for sale:

http://cgi.ebay-dot-com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=923256784

If you are simply looking for a tube with a bright white output, I would
suggest one of the white phosphor coated mercury vapor tubes. White
phosphor comes in many different color temperatures from warm to cool white.

Best Regards,

Tony
Tony Greer
Special Effects Neon